Monday 9 April 2007

The where and the how

I wrote before that the first choice to come up in my mind to study Cognitive Science is the Massachuset Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Boston. Well the fact is that I live in Spain and even though I am not really attached to Madrid, moving to the US for a undergrad degree is not an easy choice. Moreover getting admitted at MIT is not the easiest thing neither.

Whichever Colllege I eventually choose and if it happes to be in the US, there are at leat 3 important steps I got to complete:

1. TOEFL
My English level is not bad and I need at least 100 points for the internet based exam. My idea is to pass this test during 2007.

2. SAT Math Level I and SAT Subject Biology.
This may be a bit more difficult. The goal wold be to do the exams in April 2008.

3. Letters of Recommendation
I am not sure how many I need, but I will definitly need a list of people who may do this for me.

There many other Universities in the US. I just need to research and be aware of the different orientations and who are the Profs.

Another possibility would be Germany. The University of Osnabrück seems to have a nice International Program. But again Germany? Not sure about that! I lived for almost 4 years in Frankfurt and it was enough, believe me! :)

No comments: